- was well mannered for six straight hours.
- moved comfortably from classroom to classroom, through crowded halls, up and down the stairs, in the ladies' room, and in the elevator
- had no toileting issues - going potty outdoors on cue each time we took a break between classes
- did not try to interact with anyone but observed everything (gold star for that one!)
- never vocalized (no whining, barking, etc.)
- showed no anxiety when not in direct contact with Cassidy (they are bonded to the nth degree)
- Note: I handled Pepper most of the day so I could closely observe even the most nuanced behaviors. This meant we were sometimes seated next to Cassidy in the classroom, sometimes across the room. It also meant I took the pup on potty breaks without Cassidy. Separation anxiety can be an issue with service dogs and their handlers. I'm thrilled this is not an issue for Pepper.
- handled the chaos of an unexpected evacuation of the building (very much like a fire drill) beautifully
- was extremely cooperative in a tight space when I took her collar and vest off to crate her briefly during lunch
This was a stellar performance by a young dog. Bravo to everyone involved!